Friday, March 6, 2015

Dun...dun...dun...Dentist!

So R, my oldest, decided to bash himself in the face over the weekend with one of his toys. Great...guess he needed his first dental check-up anyway. Still being kind of new to the area and now knowing what dentist to go to I googled "Lovington Dentists" and came across a Dr. Jerry James. Needless to say, I was nervous. I kept looking to see if I there were any bad reviews or ratings on the dentist, but I couldn't find anything, so I called and set up an appointment for R and myself.

Anxious...nervous...uptight...and then there was R, who could have cared less. All of my fears were not justified, because the office staff were WONDERFUL! I was pleasently surprised and they did really well with R and said that he only scraped his gums and should heal in a few days. R had a blast playing with all of the little toys and walking around with the staff while mommy got worked on and her check-up.

The dental hygenist was fabulous and asked where I was from, because I obviously wasn't a  native. When she found out I was from Oregon, lots of questions started flowing my way. It's really difficult to answer when there are fingers and tools in ones mouth, but I did my best. People are extremely curious about the Northwest down here, I think its because of the green, trees, and mountains. All of which they don't have!

My check-up went well considering it had been at least 3 years since my last dental visit. Sadly, I have to go back later this month to have two fillings done! I have two cavities! How awful, but it could be worse...I could have T's teeth!



No comments:

Post a Comment