Friday, March 6, 2015

Hippie I guess...

Going grocery shopping with two kids under the age of 3 is an experience all on its own; especially if you do it by yourself. We (me plus babies) went grocery shopping today for a few things I didn't manage to get last time I went to Wally World. This time, however, I drove to the local Albertson's. Mostly just was not in the mood to deal with Walmartians, but also because I had not been to this store yet, figured what the hell, why not?

I did my usual routine before heading in for battle (I mean shopping) which entails transferring my wallet and coupon book to the diaper bag, strapping TT (baby #2) to my chest with the baby carrier, and unloading R. I can only imagine how interesting I must look to people, today was no exception.

Walk into Albertson's, grabbed my cart, put R into cart and started to push cart to an out of the way spot so I could orient myself to the store and get my list out. Right off the bat I hear to the right side of me: "Is that a baby in there? How cool! Never seen that before!" I look around for the voice and it turns out to be the pharmacist! I politely reply to the question and move the carrier enough to show the proof of existence and keep on walking as they look like they want to chat more, but I have two time-bombs and don't want to waste any time.

Walking through the aisles passing people, they all pause and look at the front of me trying to figure out what I am wearing. Starting to feel a little awkward, but what can you do? Stop shopping and leave the store with a bag on my head? Nope, kept on trucking and just tried to ignore the blatant "WTF?!?" stares.

Finally finish my shopping and get into the check-out line. EVERYONE is staring at me in the line.
I'm beginning to think people down here have never seen something like this before. Guess I'm just enough of a "hippie" to think people are overreacting to a baby strapped to someones chest. Gonna have to start calling myself a "hippie-hick".

No comments:

Post a Comment