Saturday, February 28, 2015

Coffee Addiction

Being that I am from the Northwest, I, of course, am very much addicted to coffee. My small home town that I grew up in had 4 coffee shops in a town of 10,000. Moving down here, there are a total of one, and it doesn't even have a drive-thru!

A drive-thru might not seem like such a big deal, but remember that I have 2 small children, so to have to walk inside to get a coffee on my way to grocery shop, is a pain in the rear. Although I should be thankful for what this small town has.

When I go to the neighboring larger city of Hobbs to grocery shop about once a month, I will sometimes get a coffee at the local Starbucks. Unfortunately, Starbucks has gone down hill and they just aren't as good as they used to be, not too mention that they are extremely expensive. The really funny thing is that not many people knew what Starbucks was and that little shop has only been there less than a year.

Coffee is an important part of my life, especially with having 2 small kids. So to combat the problem of a lack of decent coffee, I have had to order it in. At the present I think that I am the farthest person that Sorbenots has ever shipped coffee too. Thank goodness for their House Blend! We tend to hoard it when it comes in and use it sparingly.

My coffee addiction is so bad that I finally broke down and bought a Keurig to use along with our drip coffee maker. Sad, I know. But a mommy's gotta do what a mommy's gotta do when it comes to survival! So until this small New Mexico town acquires a Dutch Bros. or some other decent drive-thru coffee shop, I will continue to order my coffee from home and remember how wonderful it was to be able to get a coffee while my butt stayed in my vehicle...such dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment