Monday, February 15, 2016

What the...?!?

Its been one of those weekends where nothing has been going as planned (not usually a bad thing) and I have turned into a semi-crazy person!

Friday evening I found those nasty little black sugar ants in one of my cupboards. Anyone that knows me, would understand the chaos that ensued. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, came out of the cupboards. I had stuff piled up on my kitchen island and table along with the floor. Dragged my vacuum over and started sucking those nasty things up, all while growling and grumbling at the annoyance of it all.

After taking the vacuum to them, I started to wipe down any and all cracks and crevices I could find with a vinegar/water solution. Let that dry a little and than wiped everything down again with undiluted peppermint essential oil! I use doTERRA (just ask me how to purchase some of these awesome oils if you are interested, link at the bottom of post) peppermint oil and that stuff is STRONG! But, it worked! The nasty little buggers are no longer in that cupboard. I also ended up tearing up some of the warped plywood that had gotten damaged when we first moved in from a broken garbage disposal...can you say yuck?!

However, the ant invasion was not over with that one cupboard. I should have known better, but being pregnant and blonde, I forget things. Went to pull one of my pots out of a different cupboard this morning to make everyone oatmeal for breakfast and they were EVERYWHERE inside. Major freak-out ensued once again. Hubby started laughing until I glared at him and was almost in tears (hormones!). So he stopped chuckling and started helping. Smart man my husband :)

Again, everything came out of any remaining cupboards that "they" might be in and I wiped everything down with the same process as before. The peppermint will clear your sinuses just from smelling that stuff and it's not as stinky as the chemical sprays you can buy at the store. I think I have won in the kitchen, but I know that I will need to do some serious defense on the outside of my house this coming week. Guess I'll be buying some spray to use on the outside of the house along the foundation.

I hate bugs...But my kitchen smells lovely ;)

Here is the link to my doTERRA website:  http://mydoterra.com/kathleenparker1


1 comment: